Saturday 29 September 2007

A hard act to follow

A good blog should always start with a good picture. So, as there have been no horse or rugby-related activities taking place this week, I thought a photo of my old horse, Sail, have to do. Isn't she lovely?


Nothing much has been happening this week apart from work, college and a funeral. I should be preparing for a presentation that I'm giving with my study group on Wednesday. We have our first rehearsal on Monday afternoon. I've been working hard all week to put the finishing touches to a process I've been working on that I have to demo on Monday morning. Unfortunately I've been fiddling and have managed to over-complicate things. I think we're 90% there. It's just the other 10% I'm worried about.


This time last year I had no inkling that I would be doing the job I'm doing. Last year I spent most of my time system testing (yuk!). I've spent the last six months actually doing proper system development, programming and everything and it's BRILL! It's not easy and I find it quite challenging basically cos I don't really know what I'm doing and there are no instruction manuals but I love it!


I'll love it even more when we 'go live' with my big project in January. Before then, I've got to bottom out the processes, produce the training materials and, my biggest headache, write the reports! The reporting package we'll be using is one that I'm not familiar with. I just hope I can get to grips with it sooner rather than later cos there's no time for messing about!








5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a lovely piccy!! You look very elegant as well as Sail looking lovely.

Don't rememeber seeing it before though.

ra said...

coo, you both look lovely. (Must be a VERY old picture!!!LoL!) Good luck with your presentation.

ra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

I think your hubby took it, Als. And it's in black and white for effect - not cos it was taken before colour.

Rising Rainbow said...

Are you side saddle there? My eyes aren't that great but I think that's what I see. In any case, thanks for sharing.