Sunday 7 October 2007

It's not as difficult as it looks!



Riding side saddle that is. And more difficult to fall off than riding astride. The only trouble is, if you do fall, or more importantly, if your horse falls, it can be pretty nasty as you don't tend to be thrown clear.

Happily I only managed to have one dramatic fall (and I did ride side saddle a most of the time for about 4 years) and that was because I'd seen someone at a show riding a lovely black horse and happened to say "Oh I wish I had a black horse" because getting grey hairs off your habit is a real pain!

Unfortunately, Sail stored this up for future reference and, during the equitation class did one gigantic buck and I went flying! Not that it hindered my chances. The judge was SO impressed with my fall that I still came second!

1 comment:

Rising Rainbow said...

You fell, side saddle? OMG! That would not be a good thing.