Sunday 10 June 2007

you read it first here!

We went to Honley show yesterday. (Ra's just giving me literary advice - she thinks the title should be 'you read it here first' - whatever!).


And boy was it hot! The Highland cattle didn't seem to like it much, not the heat, just the idea of walking around the ring! The calf was soooooo cute. It looked like a little bear!



I didn't know that there were still shows like that. It's like a throwback to the 1950's with cake making and handicraft competitions as well as the usual classes for dogs, horses, pigs, sheep, goats, tractors, motor cycles, rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs (but no poultry). The list goes on and on............



And did I mention the dry stone walling competition? I thought someone was getting outside help, then I realised it was one of the judges inspecting his work!













ra is very very bad and has been posting things on my blogg. fortunately she pointed it out before I published. BAD BAD ra!

No comments: