Friday 9 November 2007

Looking a Gift-Horse in the Mouth

I took Wednesday off work so that I could finish an assignment for Uni. Managed to finish OK but when I came to print it off the printer decided to pack up. I used to have an old Cannon printer/scanner. It wasn't brilliant, but it worked! Anyway, last year I won a printer/scanner/copier. Very flash. And it's been nothing but trouble ever since. The cartridges cost an arm and a leg. There's so much software to load it takes about an hour (yes, I did re-load it, cursing madly) and it takes exception to printing certain things then refuses to delete them so you just have to delete the printer! Boy was I ticked off!
I WANT MY OLD PRINTER BACK!
Anyway, to cheer myself up I went out yesterday to get an outfit for a 'do' that I'm going to tonight. What happened to frocks? There are no frocks in the shops except christmassy glittery affairs without sleeves. Not what I was after at all. So I had to go for a top to wear with some smart trousers. And a pair of shoes. And some lovely underwear in purple (because they don't usually do my size in nice colours) and some lovely pink underwear, just in case it wasn't there the next time I went in. £100 later.......
Then I remembered I'd already spent £70 on a new pair of boots this week. And had my car MoT'd. Oh dear. Being off work costs me a fortune!

4 comments:

ra said...

oooh you bad girl. Never mind, hope you had a good time last night!!!

Caroline said...

yes thank you. I won a prize! A bottle of champagne and £100 worth of Ozzie vouchers.

Unknown said...

I'm glad someone in the family is good at spending money on herself! I'm certainly NOT, try as I might I always balk just before handing over the cash or even the plastic!

Story of my life..must try harder!!

Rising Rainbow said...

I can relate to the printer thing. I've had the same darn experience. It just makes me nuts. What I wouldn't give for my old printer BUT it won't work with this operating system anyway. AWKKKKKKK!

A dress, what is a dress?? Is that something I should remember? lol