Friday 2 May 2008

Update on Ruby

Just a quick update on the Ruby front....

She was scanned on Monday and gave no sign of being in season. Had a second scan today and they're going to give her a go tomorrow.

Will be keeping everything crossed. I really don't want her to be injected to bring her into season this time. Not that I really think it caused the twin pregnancy last time but the less stress for her the better. And the less they're likely to get on her wrong side! And Zorya wants her home!

I like Rising Rainbow's idea of pinning a foal down when it's small. I'm pretty darned sure no-one did that with Ruby!

1 comment:

Rising Rainbow said...

I don't like injecting them with hormones either. I think it just screws their cycles all up, so guess what I'm doing with my mare. Injecting her with hormones to short cycle her, I am beside myself. This better work the first time out.